Psychologically we can experience a state of apprehension or uneasiness and sometimes unhelpful thoughts about the situation and our ability to cope.
Anxiety can affect you in 3 possible ways
Symptoms of Anxiety
Anxiety symptoms may not be obvious and the experience will vary from person to person. In a panic attack situation, for instance, the symptoms are very intense. Some common symptoms of anxiety include:
- Obsessive thinking and compulsive behaviour
- Avoidance behaviour and social isolation
- Hot and cold flashes/sweating
- Racing heart
- Muscle tension
- Difficulty breathing
- Tightening of the chest
- Upset stomach or nausea.
K10 Anxiety Self-Assessment
The anxiety and depression online test measures how you may have been affected by depression and anxiety over the past four weeks. Your answers and results will be automatically sent to you by email and remain confidential.
Type of Anxiety Disorders
Anxiety Treatment in Brisbane’s CBD
Anxiety can be treated by a psychologist through a series of counselling sessions. Depending on the type of anxiety you are experiencing slightly different counselling may be required.
- Talking about your problem with someone you trust is important and a good place to start when seeking help and information.
- Consult with your General Practitioner (GP) to discuss your symptoms and treatment options.
- Psychologists provide counselling services to enable your recovery and prevent relapse, using evidence-based treatments such as Cognitive Behaviour Therapy (CBT), Mindfulness, Acceptance and Commitment Therapy (ACT), and Schema Therapy.