Issues I Can Help You With
Whether you feel you need to:
- understand more about yourself (why you are feeling, thinking or behaving in certain ways);
- talk to someone who will listen;
- develop new knowledge and learn useful skills;
- reprocess and heal past trauma or relationship upsets;
- be coached toward new levels of functioning and performance in your life or career;
My name is Chris Hepperlin, and I am an experienced Clinical Psychologist who seeks to understand your goals and priorities and to work with you with empathy, compassion and skill. I help adults with the following:
- Anxiety issues including panic, OCD, phobias, worry, distractibility, and overthinking.
- Relationship and Couples Counselling
- Adult ADHD
- Depression/Mood issues.
- Emotion management challenges: easily triggered, anger, frequent ups and downs, low energy.
- Addictive behaviours: food, alcohol, video gaming, porn, gambling, “weapons of mass distraction” (phones, computers).
- Grief and loss.
- Sleep problems: especially delayed onset sleep-wake cycle issues.
- Neuro-atypical issues: attention/distractibility, working memory, self-organisation, fixations, learning challenges.
- Men’s health issues.
- Relationship issues: Building safe, satisfying group and individual relationships, including long-term intimate relationships, and managing when things are unexpected.
In addition to my Clinical Psychology credentials, I hold an MBA from the University of Sydney’s Graduate School of Business. I have worked in a variety of tertiary hospitals, specialist mental health, community health, and university settings. I have held senior management positions in the health and education sectors in NSW and QLD and am a former President of the Asia Pacific Student Services Association.
Fun fact: One of my first jobs was with a ‘flying health team’ that serviced the far west of NSW. Amongst other things, I survived a plane crash!
Evidence-Based Therapeutic Approach
While understanding the importance of creativity and the ‘art of therapy’, I am committed to evidence-based practice.
I utilise approaches and knowledge that derive from systematic scientific study, e.g. CBT Therapy (Cognitive-Behaviour Therapy); ACT Therapy (Acceptance Commitment Therapy); and other methods informed by research from developmental, attachment/relationship fields, neurobiology and behavioural and cognitive psychology, as well as from narrative and solution-focussed frameworks. In addition, I provide Couples Counselling and use the PACT Method.
I firmly believe in an integrated, holistic approach to your health and wellbeing (bio-psycho-social considerations). My experiences also inform me of life’s challenges, which help me approach his work with compassion and humility.
Fees & Rebates
Please send me an online booking request for my session fees. Depending on your eligibility, Medicare or Private Health rebates may be available.
- Eligible clients with a valid referral or Mental Health Treatment Plan (MHTP) issued by a GP or psychiatrist can claim Medicare rebates for up to 10 individual psychological sessions per calendar year. The current Clinical Psychologist Medicare rebate is $137.05 per 50+ minute session.
- Private health rebates depend on your private health policy and ‘extras’ cover. Please get in touch with your private health insurance to find out if you are eligible and the exact rebate amounts. Private health insurance often covers Couples Counselling sessions.