Issues I Can Help You With
About Claire Pang
I am an Australian-trained Clinical Psychologist with over a decade of clinical experience in treating general adult psychological presentations, particularly mood disorders, interpersonal and relationship stressors, low self-esteem, workplace conflicts and adjustment difficulties with life transitions. I adopt evidence-based treatment guidelines with a strong focus on therapeutic outcomes and use systematic evaluation to aid the achievement of treatment goals.
I have a particular interest in helping individuals and couples with a wide range of relationship problems. I believe in supporting strong relationships of all types as it is an incredibly powerful way to improve individuals’ wellbeing.
I help couples learn practical relationship strategies based on Gottman Couple Therapy methods, which have proven to be a successful approach supported by decades of empirical evidence. The structured and goal-directed intervention framework provides couples with a roadmap to target their specific relational problems and ultimately helps them to create strong, intimate bonding.
During my years of clinical experience, I have learned the importance of emotional correction in therapy. I pay particular attention to building positive expectations at the commencement of therapy and favour experiential approaches that help individuals quickly shift their inner experiences from despair to hopefulness, from reactiveness to understanding.
Overall, my therapeutic approach is best described as grounded in short-term, outcome-focused focused and skill-building that is based on individuals’ personal resources. Clients are encouraged to play an active role in the learning process so they become their own change agents to shift negative emotions, painful symptoms, and dysfunctional interactions with others and manage their own personal development.
I can also provide psychotherapy in Mandarin and Cantonese.
I draw on different evidence-based treatments to achieve individualised therapeutic goals.
Treatment modalities include:
- Cognitive Behavioural Therapy (CBT)
- Acceptance and Commitment Therapy (ACT)
- Dialectical Behavioural Therapy (DBT)
- Eye Movement Desensitization Reprocessing Therapy (EMDR)
- Gottman Couple Therapy Method
- Clinical Hypnotherapy
- Interpersonal Psychodynamic Therapy
- Schema Therapy
- Strategic Psychotherapy.
I hold the following qualifications & registrations in Psychology:
- Bachelor of Behaviour Science (Psychology); Honours in Psychology (Queensland University of Technology)
- Master of Clinical Psychology (Australian Catholic University)
- Fellow Member of The Australian Psychological Society (APS)
- Fellow of the APS College of Clinical Psychologists
- Registered with the Australian Health Practitioners Regulatory Authority (AHPRA)
- Area of specialisation in Clinical Psychology with AHPRA.
Evidence-Based Therapeutic Approach
Claire’s Fees & Rebates
Please send me an online booking request for my session fees. Depending on your eligibility, Medicare or Private Health rebates may be available.
- Eligible clients with a valid referral or Mental Health Treatment Plan (MHTP) issued by a GP or psychiatrist can claim Medicare rebates for up to 10 individual psychological sessions per calendar year. The current Registered Psychologist Medicare rebate is $137.05 per 50+ minute session. More about Medicare rebates >
- Private health rebates depend on your private health policy and ‘extras’ cover. Please get in touch with your private health insurance to find out if you are eligible and the exact rebate amounts. More about Private Health Insurance rebates >