Excessive worry about work, relationship and other life situations.
Symptoms of Anxiety
Anxiety symptoms may not be obvious and the experience will vary from person to person. In a panic attack situation, for instance, the symptoms are very intense. Some common symptoms of anxiety include:
- Obsessive thinking and compulsive behaviour
- Avoidance behaviour and social isolation
- Hot and cold flushes / sweating
- Faintness / dizziness
- Racing heart
- Muscle tension
- Difficulty breathing
- Tightening of the chest
- Upset stomach or nausea
The anxiety and depression online test measures how you may have been affected by depression and anxiety over the past four weeks.
- Your answers and results will be automatically sent to you by email and remain confidential.
- Request a free no-obligation consultation with one of our psychologists to discuss your results and options.
Types of Anxiety Disorders
Experiencing panic attacks and worrying about having a panic attack
Excessive fear of being judged in social situations or being embarrassed, judged or criticised.
Unwanted thoughts and unwanted actions about things such as dirt or contagious diseases.
Constant replay of unwanted memories, trouble sleeping, checking for danger.
Intense fear of a situation or object such as small spaces or spiders.
Anxiety can be treated by a psychologist through a series of counselling sessions. Depending on the type of anxiety you are experiencing slightly different counselling may be required.
- Talking about your problem with someone you trust is important and a good place to start when seeking help and information.
- Consult with your General Practitioner (GP) to discuss your symptoms and treatment options.
- Psychologists provide counselling services to enable your recovery and prevent relapse, using evidence-based treatments such as Cognitive Behaviour Therapy (CBT), Mindfulness, Acceptance and Commitment Therapy (ACT), and Schema Therapy.
If you are unsure you are suffering from anxiety and would like to discuss your issues or ask any questions to one of our psychologists, get started and book a 20 minute no-obligation free consultation with Brisbane City Psychologists today.
If you feel like you may be suffering the symptoms of anxiety contact Brisbane City Psychologists on 1300 751 204 and book an appointment today.