Issues I Can Help You With
About Dr Mary Asic-Kobe
My name is Dr Mary Asic-Kobe. I am a Clinical Psychologist offering various services, including assessment and diagnosis, evidence-based psychological therapies, cross-cultural counselling, clinical supervision, and organisational consulting.
Before establishing Restore Psychology, I worked in both clinical and senior management roles in the non-profit sector. In my roles, she managed a torture and trauma counselling service, provided individual and group therapy, and delivered psychological well-being and cross-cultural mental health workshops. Additionally, I conducted training and supervision of staff and university students, managed government contracts, and facilitated research and program evaluation.
My therapeutic approach stems from a range of theoretical perspectives and evidence-based treatment approaches, including CBT Therapy, EMDR Therapy, and Schema Therapy, among others. In addition, my extensive experience working with people across the lifespan and from various socio-economic backgrounds and cultures has enhanced my skills in adapting therapy to reflect my client’s individual needs, perspectives, and desired outcomes.
My areas of interest include depression, anxiety, complex trauma, grief and loss, chronic health issues, adjustment difficulties, work-life balance, clarifying values and life goals, problem-solving, communication skills and assertiveness training, among other presenting issues.
More broadly, I am strongly focused on working with her clients to self-manage their symptoms, achieve lasting change, and, most importantly, improve their quality of life. I am committed to improving my performance through client feedback, monitoring outcomes, and self-evaluation, all of which are important aspects of facilitating positive change.
Memberships, Registrations and Accreditations
- Australian Clinical Psychology Association (ACPA)
- Australian Psychological Society (APS)
- Psychologist with Clinical Endorsement (AHPRA)
- STAP trained supervisor
Croatian Speaking Psychologist
I can provide psychology sessions in Croatian (Croatian-speaking psychologist)
Evidence-Based Therapeutic Approach
Psychologist Fees & Rebates
Please send me an online booking request for my session fees. Depending on your eligibility, Medicare or Private Health rebates may be available.
- Eligible clients with a valid referral or Mental Health Treatment Plan (MHTP) issued by a GP or psychiatrist can claim Medicare rebates for up to 10 individual psychological sessions per calendar year. The current Registered Psychologist Medicare rebate is $137.05 per 50+ minute session. More about Medicare rebates >
- Private health rebates depend on your private health policy and ‘extras’ cover. Please get in touch with your private health insurance to find out if you are eligible and the exact rebate amounts. More about Private Health Insurance rebates >